MI Beer Board
Michigan's small brewers unite behind ORR recommendations. Click here for more details.
Michigan Brewers Guild Announces Support for Updates in Liquor Control Regulations. Click here for more details.
Michigan Brewers Guild Government Affairs Committee
The role of the Government Affairs Committee (GAC) is to monitor and assure a healthy brewing industry within the state by developing and articulating to the industry a consensus from within our membership as it relates to regulatory, legislative and governmental affairs. In fact, now looking back almost four years, it seems obvious that by working together to protect our mutual interests in the governmental and legislative arena we would strengthen our relationships with each other in other arenas!
Recent GAC accomplishments:
- Developed and passed Brewpub festival legislation. This legislation allows for the entire membership of the Guild to participate in our four (4) annual beer festivals throughout Michigan.
- By working with partner trade organizations and using our strong grassroots following we have successfully fought back two Michigan beer tax increase attempts.
- Participated in the legislative conversation regarding keg deposit increases.
- Initiated a Guild Legislative Day. Our first “Guild Day” was this past year and it was met with enthusiasm and success.
- For the past three years we have worked with legislators to achieve an official proclamation by the Michigan House of Representatives to obtain designation that July is “Michigan Craft Beer Month.”
For more information on legislation related to brewing and the Michigan beer industry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.